Your Second Favorite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why I do not enjoy the server in it's current state.

+5
The Sexy Pyro
Majestic Pikachu
CredeSniper
Admin
Kraiten
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kraiten

Kraiten

Hey, I'm just here to make two points on what I would consider when dealing with voice chat and implementing community ideas. (These are based on both my experiences within the server, and past experiences)

1) Voice chat (and micspam)

The voice chat in Y2FN was a disaster. Almost all of the time I found myself being deafened by the incoherent garble where everyone was trying to get a word in. On top of this, there were people micspamming the same sound clip over and over, as well as playing music.

Personally I enjoy voice chat in TF2, but when it ends up giving me a headache more than anything I don't see the point in it. "Mute them" is not a valid argument, because then I'm either getting 1-sided conversations, or no one is talking because of the micspam anyways. I won't even get into how I don't find any of the micspam funny, because that is my personal taste.

2) Mods and settings

I'm tired of hearing about how all of these mods should be added when no, they really shouldn't be. Messing with the flow of the game because you want to land on people's heads and get a cheap insta-kill is not entertaining.

This fits perfectly in with my next point regarding enabling crits: Instant deaths in arena. It shouldn't happen. When you are playing in a game mode where you only have one life and dying risks sitting out for 2-3 minutes, being instantly killed by a random number generator is frustrating.

I've seen some minor suggestions without polls (randomizer, third person mode) which I don't agree with either. There are server that are there specifically for the randomizer mod, people don't need another one. Third person mode shouldn't be implemented either, because it lets you see around corners and the immediate area behind you.

That's it. Let me know what you think about this, and if you disagree, please argue intelligently.

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

I (Nurse Mengele) Agree with your feelings about the mods and the crits entirely.

As for the talking, well, The micspam was crazy and too much, more than on FFN even and no one listened when I asked them to coolit. It was more obnoxious than funny. I will be adding an 8 second limit.

However, everything will not be an exact copy of Y2FC. FFN agreed to put up the money when no one from y2fc would. I will do my best to serve both communities. It seems like y2fc people aren't coming out to play, or make their voices heard. I don't understand why this is but I hope that you and others from y2fc can encourage more action. As I've said before, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and inaction begets inaction.

https://y2fn.forumotion.com

Kraiten

Kraiten

Admin wrote:I (Nurse Mengele) Agree with your feelings about the mods and the crits entirely.

As for the talking, well, The micspam was crazy and too much, more than on FFN even and no one listened when I asked them to coolit. It was more obnoxious than funny. I will be adding an 8 second limit.

However, everything will not be an exact copy of Y2FC. FFN agreed to put up the money when no one from y2fc would. I will do my best to serve both communities. It seems like y2fc people aren't coming out to play, or make their voices heard. I don't understand why this is but I hope that you and others from y2fc can encourage more action. As I've said before, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and inaction begets inaction.

Thanks, I'm really glad you agree.

I'm pretty sure we're lacking the Y2FC crowd just because they have no idea that the server is here. Some of them don't play TF2 any more, as well.

CredeSniper

CredeSniper

As a fellow Y2FC member with Kraiten, I do agree with what he says. Tf2 does have a spider web thin line of balance(some like to believe), and silly things like randomizer and "goomba stomping" would light that thread up.

As you stated an 8 second policy is good. I also suggest adding a courtesy rule to edit the soundclips(so they don't crackle, and overpowered volume wise other people).

Majestic Pikachu

Majestic Pikachu

As long as i like it (hypocrisy i know) i have no problem with mic spam

The Sexy Pyro

The Sexy Pyro

For the mods on the server, we will NOT put in a randomizer or third person mod. No one would enjoy that at all.
We might keep a couple little mods like goomba stomp that don't affect game play that much.

I realize micspam is somewhat of an issue right now. The server is a little crazy since it's new and everyone likes the idea of unlimited micspam from the 6 second limit we had before. It will quiet down and if not we will put in a limit. I have made it crystal clear to everyone that if they don't quiet down on the micspam we will limit them.
As for people talking, FFN likes to talk. We are not going to limit people on talking.

Kraiten

Kraiten

The problem is when everyone is talking over one another it becomes just as bad as micspam.

Tmbizzle

Kraiten wrote:The problem is when everyone is talking over one another it becomes just as bad as micspam.

Agreed to the fullest, but last night was a cluster fuck of retardation(is this a word?) but it will all be sorted out which is great! when people don't let other speak nothing happens, it's a lot like monkey's throwing poo, when someone gets a headshot, nobody's happy.

ASHER

Tmbizzle wrote:
Kraiten wrote:The problem is when everyone is talking over one another it becomes just as bad as micspam.

Agreed to the fullest, but last night was a cluster fuck of retardation(is this a word?) but it will all be sorted out which is great! when people don't let other speak nothing happens,

>Implying people play TF2 for the great conversationwith teenagers

>MFW

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

sigh... just lost 3 paragraphs due to random feet on my kb.

in short, Kraiten your dead on.

I can fully understand that the ffn ppl paid for the server and they are a whole different community (one that I am completely unfamiliar with) but I would take into consideration that the old y2 community was full of alot of skilled, pleasant and "cool" people. The server attracted a number of "good" players and I think that it did so well because of weak's no BS policy. The annoying idiots got banned and everybody was happy.

If we are hoping to attract those same people back I would seriously consider a firm No micspam/bigotry set of rules

Kraiten

Kraiten

ASHER wrote:
Tmbizzle wrote:

Agreed to the fullest, but last night was a cluster fuck of retardation(is this a word?) but it will all be sorted out which is great! when people don't let other speak nothing happens,

>MFW

Kraiten wrote:That's it. Let me know what you think about this, and if you disagree, please argue intelligently.

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

Kraiten wrote:
ASHER wrote:
Tmbizzle wrote:

>MFW

Kraiten wrote:That's it. Let me know what you think about this, and if you disagree, please argue intelligently.

While the general conversation in most gaming environments its pretty lacking if not downright lame. During the year y2 was up I regularly enjoyed chatting with the regulars on the server about countless things that were not game related or idiotic.

There were some damn good laughs.

Even lame conversation is better then a staticy mic shoved up against a radio tho

cudi

cudi

I agree completely potato. And if it turns out to be everyone talking at once, just mute the players who either you don't like or are constantly interrupting people. I would say that most of the server has a mic, that means there will be times where everyone is talking at once.

CredeSniper

CredeSniper

cudi wrote:I agree completely potato. And if it turns out to be everyone talking at once, just mute the players who either you don't like or are constantly interrupting people. I would say that most of the server has a mic, that means there will be times where everyone is talking at once.
Some people don't know how to do this. Apparently it's too much work in some cases, I've heard people have gotten kicked because three buttons was too much.

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

CredeSniper wrote:
cudi wrote:I agree completely potato. And if it turns out to be everyone talking at once, just mute the players who either you don't like or are constantly interrupting people. I would say that most of the server has a mic, that means there will be times where everyone is talking at once.
Some people don't know how to do this. Apparently it's too much work in some cases, I've heard people have gotten kicked because three buttons was too much.

By some people you mean ' A Dwarfs midget' by kicked you mean, warned he was gonna be kicked(never actually kicked), and by too much work you mean being an inconvenience to everyone on the server while applying to be admin

Also you didn't HEAR anything you were there for the entire event. You can stop whining about it now, thank you.

https://y2fn.forumotion.com

Kraiten

Kraiten

I'm confused. Are the admins willing to enforce the whole "don't talk over each other like idiots" policy or not?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum