Your Second Favorite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slow Dowload for maps.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Slow Dowload for maps. Empty Slow Dowload for maps. Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 pm

DaEliminator

DaEliminator

Well, I got bored of waiting for people to come into the server, and that the dl is so slow very people might get in so I did some reasearch. It looks like, to me, that the maps are downloading directly off from the server, which is very slow probably because if it was a fast dl, it would lag the server or something. I type in sv_downloadurl and it said it was set to nothing so, maybe if you uploaded the maps to your website and set the maps to dl from here, the dl would go faster, just my 2 cents. Hope this works, if not i'm a total idiot and ignore everything of what I just said.

Edit 1: If that doesnt work than, direct people to either gamebanana.com or tf2maps.net they have a majority of the maps that are in the server.

2Slow Dowload for maps. Empty Re: Slow Dowload for maps. Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Mr Fancy

Mr Fancy

A full list of all the maps used on the server would be helpful, so i don't have to wait 24 minutes for the map to download (which is the average download time for maps)

3Slow Dowload for maps. Empty Re: Slow Dowload for maps. Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 am

DaEliminator

DaEliminator

Well, I looked into the fastdl server ffn uses and they use one on a site I dont think they own.. So maybe you can use this one? http://timeforfun.net/tf2maps/maps/

4Slow Dowload for maps. Empty Re: Slow Dowload for maps. Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

DaEliminator

DaEliminator

BUMP{

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum