Your Second Favorite Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION

+7
RandomWhiteKid
natopotato
starry-
rumtigger
Commandant Potato
Dr.Aster
Carbon
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Empty POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Carbon

Carbon
Y2FC
Y2FC

https://i.imgur.com/yv5Rp.jpg

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3.2 Ghz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Storage: ~2TB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Accessories: Razer Carcharias headset, Saitek Cyborg keyboard, R.A.T 7 Mouse
Built it for ~900, excluding my tv
Share yours!

Dr.Aster

Dr.Aster

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 2.4
RAM: 4.00 GB
Storage: .5 TB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB
Accessories: Razer Carcharias headset, Sennheiser HD 555's (595 mod), OEM keyboard, Logitech G500 laser mouse
Monitor: Hp 2159m

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION QEdAll
POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION GbBbWl

Full sized links
https://i.imgur.com/QEdAl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GbBbW.jpg

Commandant Potato

Commandant Potato
Y2FC
Y2FC

Gateway P-7805u FX Laptop (Because I'm cool like that)
Core 2 Duo 2.26 ghz
4 GB DDR3 1066
320 GB 7200 rpm Hard drive
Nvidia 9800m GTS 1 GB
Crappy $10 Sony headphones
Built in mic
Logitech M500

Probably going to get a headset soon and probably a new mouse in the next year or so. Then for college next year I get money equal to the amount of money I save my parents in one year for college for a computer so I'll be waiting for AMD Bulldozer or whatever Intel has after Sandybridge. (Ivybridge or something?) I had a desktop before but it was getting pretty old and stuff. Right now I really don't need even anything as powerful as this laptop to play TF2 since I play with a relatively high FPS configuration. (I switched to dx81 boot command for a bit but it just looked awful) Also does anyone know what the command for limiting the FPS to 60 is since I have a 60hz refresh rate?

rumtigger

rumtigger

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION ZoRQW

hi, i'm a high-schooler. see that blue textbook? that's my chem book.

some generic HP laptop with an i3(2.1gig) core. (not that great.)
4 gigs of RAM.
64bit windows 7.
logitech M100 mouse. (call i call that generic too? it only has two buttons and a trackwheel.)
logitech K120 keyboard. (call i call this generic too; i picked these both up from target.)
old dell CRT monitor from my dad's tech junk pile.
ten dollar earbuds.
crappy five dollar microphone. (when i do use one.)
mousepad with ASCII characters on it.
wooden chair for maximum butt comfort.
if you can see that stuffed giraffe by my monitor, that's jerome, he's my good-luck charm. (he's on and off.)
two screens so i can play tf2 while i write my A+ essays.
wide open desk space so i can play tf2, surf the internet, and smash my head into my desk when i feel the need to.
dirty dishes.
a stack of books i need to read underneath the dirty plate.
tissue box for nose and nasal cavity comfort.
dirty socks to indicate my hygiene.
desk shaped to include bed into my fortress design -- never contact the outside world once i sit down.

i like jerome a lot.

starry-

starry-
Y2FC
Y2FC

IS THAT OXIDEHUD I SEE IN YOUR SCREENSHOT RUMTIGGER?

is that crt 120hz?

rumtigger

rumtigger

starry- wrote:IS THAT OXIDEHUD I SEE IN YOUR SCREENSHOT RUMTIGGER?

is that crt 120hz?

YES, THAT IS OXIDEHUD. i like it, so what.

and i think it is 120hz.

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

rumtigger wrote:POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION ZoRQW

hi, i'm a high-schooler. see that blue textbook? that's my chem book.

some generic HP laptop with an i3(2.1gig) core. (not that great.)
4 gigs of RAM.
64bit windows 7.
logitech M100 mouse. (call i call that generic too? it only has two buttons and a trackwheel.)
logitech K120 keyboard. (call i call this generic too; i picked these both up from target.)
old dell CRT monitor from my dad's tech junk pile.
ten dollar earbuds.
crappy five dollar microphone. (when i do use one.)
mousepad with ASCII characters on it.
wooden chair for maximum butt comfort.
if you can see that stuffed giraffe by my monitor, that's jerome, he's my good-luck charm. (he's on and off.)
two screens so i can play tf2 while i write my A+ essays.
wide open desk space so i can play tf2, surf the internet, and smash my head into my desk when i feel the need to.
dirty dishes.
a stack of books i need to read underneath the dirty plate.
tissue box for nose and nasal cavity comfort.
dirty socks to indicate my hygiene.
desk shaped to include bed into my fortress design -- never contact the outside world once i sit down.

i like jerome a lot.

Oh man I remember these days! do you have to climb over your flippen bed to get to ur desk?! thats harsh!

Dont worry man you will get space SOOOOON.... u will just be spending every penny you come in contact with to pay for it lul

RandomWhiteKid

RandomWhiteKid
Y2FC
Y2FC

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Comman10

Provides 10 supply
Can pump out an SCV every 20 seconds
Comes in 8 stylish colors
1500 hit points
1 armor
VERY customizable
Can lift off

P.S this is a placeholder until I get my computer back from repair.

starry-

starry-
Y2FC
Y2FC

rumtigger wrote:
starry- wrote:IS THAT OXIDEHUD I SEE IN YOUR SCREENSHOT RUMTIGGER?

is that crt 120hz?

YES, THAT IS OXIDEHUD. i like it, so what.

and i think it is 120hz.

I use OxideHUD too fyi. :p OxideHUD buddies! Very Happy

And lucky you, I want a 120hz monitor. Sad I should just pick a CRT up until I get an LCD one.

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

Its not like you will see 120hz make a difference. your prob only getting 50fps anyway so your 60hz does fine.

Now LCD lag that's another story that's why crts are better then lcd. New lcd's have like 2ms timing tho so the difference is minimal.

11POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Empty POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:39 am

-Tom-

Y2FC
Y2FC

My epic battle station <3

Processor: Water cooled Intel Core i7
RAM: 6 GB
Storage: 1 TB
Graphics: Water cooled 480GTX
Accessories: Razer Tarantula Keyboard + Logitech G5 mouse

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Comp12

starry-

starry-
Y2FC
Y2FC

natopotato wrote:Its not like you will see 120hz make a difference. your prob only getting 50fps anyway so your 60hz does fine.

Now LCD lag that's another story that's why crts are better then lcd. New lcd's have like 2ms timing tho so the difference is minimal.

My game says I get 120 fps, and that's when I have fps_max on. I never see it drop lower than that.

Commandant Potato

Commandant Potato
Y2FC
Y2FC

-Tom- wrote:My epic battle station <3

Processor: Water cooled Intel Core i7
RAM: 6 GB
Storage: 1 TB
Graphics: Water cooled 480GTX
Accessories: Razer Tarantula Keyboard + Logitech G5 mouse

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Comp12

Can I see what it looks like inside? :3

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

starry- wrote:
natopotato wrote:Its not like you will see 120hz make a difference. your prob only getting 50fps anyway so your 60hz does fine.

My game says I get 120 fps, and that's when I have fps_max on. I never see it drop lower than that.

Well, to clarify a little more. A high end system might run the game at 500fps but your eyes can only see around 25fps (Hollywood usually shoots movies at 24fps)so a monitor displaying 60hz is more then double what your eyes need to be happy.

One of the main reasons we are seeing 120hz stuff is to display 3d movies/games. Using shutter glasses each of your eyes sees an alternating set of 60hz images.

Bottom line your not going to be able to see a difference between 60 and 120. You will likely see a difference between the latest and greatest LCD (lets say 1ms lag) and any decent CRT monitor.

Hope this helps

Mr Fancy

Mr Fancy

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION Comman10
Thats mine. Thats my kitchen behind the laptop. Only place i could fit it. Office is full, bedroom has terrible internet connection. Dining room is 'guest space'.
I'm definitely not good on the specs, but its got Windows 7 OS, 1080p, 465GB, and... nice RAM, and a really good headset, something about turtles.

Imagina7ion

Imagina7ion

POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION 02271120211

I'm gonna use Tom's "info" thing.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.66GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Graphics: ATI HD 4850 1GB
Accessories: Logitech G15, Logitech MX518, Creative Fatal1ty MkII Headset, Max Payne mousepad
Case: NZXT Lexa S

natopotato

natopotato
Y2FC
Y2FC

Imagina7ion wrote:POST YOUR COMMAND CENTER / BATTLESTATION 02271120211

I'm gonna use Tom's "info" thing.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.66GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Graphics: ATI HD 4850 1GB
Accessories: Logitech G15, Logitech MX518, Creative Fatal1ty MkII Headset, Max Payne mousepad
Case: NZXT Lexa S

Wow, After like 8 or 10?? years I just threw out my original included in the box Max Payne mousepad... There was alot of blood sweat and tear....... wait no no no...

There was really just alot of sweat and dirt on that mousepad.... My wife finally convinced me to let go Smile

On another note I also have a G15... dont really use it tho

starry-

starry-
Y2FC
Y2FC

natopotato wrote:
starry- wrote:

Well, to clarify a little more. A high end system might run the game at 500fps but your eyes can only see around 25fps (Hollywood usually shoots movies at 24fps)so a monitor displaying 60hz is more then double what your eyes need to be happy.

One of the main reasons we are seeing 120hz stuff is to display 3d movies/games. Using shutter glasses each of your eyes sees an alternating set of 60hz images.

Bottom line your not going to be able to see a difference between 60 and 120. You will likely see a difference between the latest and greatest LCD (lets say 1ms lag) and any decent CRT monitor.

Hope this helps

I know a few people with a 120hz monitor and they say it makes a HUGE difference.

Bludragon

No pictures just yet.
Gamming system

G1.Guerrilla X58 Mobo
Core i7 960 3.2 Ghz (stock) - can get about 4.0 Overclocked stable
Windows 7 Pro 64
12 Gb ram ddr3
GTX570 2.5 gb 3d graphics
2 Tb HD internal / 2 TB external USB3
Asus vg236h 3d monitor 23'
Alienware TactX mouse/keyboard
Cooler master case with 3 200mm fams, and 1 100mm